Once you have selected the pet you wish to bring into your home forever:
- Fill out the appropriate application form.
- We will review your application and do a home check, if necessary.
- Upon approval, we will schedule a time to pay the adoption fee and sign the necessary paperwork, and give you a Welcome Kit including two private sessions with our trainer.
Which Form Do I Use?
- If the pet has "(OPIN)" next to its name on our Adoptable Pets page, please fill out the online OPIN Dog Adoption Application. OPIN pets are part of our non-profit program and usually in foster homes.
- If the pet has "(Courtesy)" next to its name, please use the contact info on that profile. Courtesy pets are with other rescues or families, but we're helping spread the word.
- For all other adoptables, please use a SACC Adoption Application. SACC pets are those legally under the Stamford Animal Care & Control shelter.
For OPIN pets, there is $300 adoption donation that goes toward offsetting the cost of spay/neuter surgery, rabies/distemper/parvo/bordetella vaccines, micro-chipping, behavior assessment and boarding costs. All donations above this amount are greatly appreciated, as our costs per pet are much greater than the adoption donation. In addition, we rely on donations to be able to support pets with special medical needs and new pets in need of foster homes.
Pets from Stamford Animal Care & Control have a different adoption donation, which is dependent on whether the pet needs micro-chipping, spaying/neutering, and/or vetting.